Friday, April 15, 2011

Put the couch there,no, put the couch there,no, put the.......

It was Cathryns' birthday on the 14th so she cellebrated with friends in Vancouver and I went for a walk with Banjo out here.  I did write her a birthday poem.  She really liked it. Here it is, it's so romantic.


Roses Are red, violets are blue
I like you but I don’t like stew
Have a great day, I know that you will
Have wine without me, I’ll love you still.



Well I'm moving lumber again. We have decided to put the shop on the east side rather than the north.  This will mean moving all the lifts of siding, flooring and soffit materials out of the way, of course not too far away so we can access them when the time comes.
This is where the shop will be eventually
These piles are too heavy so I'll get the truck in from the building supply to lift and reposition them.  We'll also have a lot of dirt to deal with as I want to bring the shop down to the height of the driveway. If you know of anybody who will need some dirt give me a call.

I meant to tell Cathryn that I will have to do all that counting and labeling of piles over again, hmmmm, Too bad you weren't here.  Victoria you will be happy to know that I am using the nails that you pulled out of that lumber last summer. I am making those walls in the last blog with those nails.

We have a great cappuccino machine, one of Dave's cast-offs, so life in the 108 isn't completely back-woods. We do however,  have to turn off the electric heater to make coffee so we're happy that it works quickly. Then I plug the heat in for a while, then I unplug it again to make a couple of pieces of toast, then quickly plug it back in again.  This will all be gone as the weather warms up.  It stays a comfortable 10-12C inside when the sun is not shining.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures of the 2 tons of lumber that I moved one piece at a time yesterday.
The pile on the left is all of the pre-painted trim and the one on the right is the heavy fir 2x12s etc
New spots for the lumber when it is repositioned
More moving of lumber and preparations today.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment