Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Note to self, build house 'then' move in

Hi everyone

Well we're back at it for this year. I'll be your tour guide to start out as Cathryn has skipped town, something about wanting to sit through numerous boring meetings instead of being here where it's cold and the work is plentiful.

My first task has been to organize the chaos.  The ground is pretty mushy yet so we're walking on plywood. There has been some drying this week which makes a big difference.



We put most of the stuff in the garage as we won't be getting to that for a while. I reassembled the shelving from the laundry room and the workshop.  It was soon completely full.

Now that I have all my tools here and have set up a work area things are starting to get done.

I have done all the blocking for the drywall on the main floor and am now building a 2x6 wall along the west side of the great room.  I have to build it in sections on the loft floor and slide it along the beam to its new home.  Should be done this tomorrow.
We have done some preliminary work on the shop location but it's still too wet to get the backhoe involved.  More on that tomorrow.
Len

No comments:

Post a Comment