Monday, April 18, 2011

And then there were none

Still sprucing up around the old Ponderosa. Everything is ready for the truck.  He came around two and left around three so all the planning was worth the trouble.  I had 15 sheets of 3/4 tongue and groove plywood left over from the house floor and I made a deal to sell it to the lumber yard that sent the truck out.  Should easily cover the moves and then some. So here is what it looks like now all empty and ready for digging.
The covered pile on the left are the shop doors I mentioned and I have been placing all the lumber that was left over from the forms, up along the fence line out of the way,  so they can be reused for the shop. The piles of lumber and siding are now relocated.
All the siding
Soffit materials
I tried digging with a shovel and found the frost level only a few inches down.  It really needs to warm up some more, I don't think the backhoe would do much just yet.  Maybe after Easter.

We bought a half year membership at the hills guest ranch where we all went sledding and skiing that winter.  I go there for a shower and ease my muscles in the hot tub.  It's very nice and fairly convenient as far as things out here go. I took this photo the other day, I'm sure Cathryn and Victoria will remember this barn and all the horses that were there.
Off to bed now and I'll see about removing some trees tomorrow.

Len

1 comment: