Thursday, July 18, 2013

A woodshed gets finished

I decided to build all the walls on the shop floor and move them  as a unit. The front and back walls 
were longer and I had to get Cathryn to help move them. Once in place, up they went. These walls are all cedar from leftover 2 x 10s, they should last along time.   


Front wall with temporary bottom rail for transporting.

Bottom brace off and ready to set up

Up and in place ready for siding
 I had a few sheets of leftover OSB but I did end up buying one sheet to cover in the storage side.
Walls done and on to the roof rafters

All rafters are in place time for roofing material.
When we had the house material cut and installed I had asked the roofer for some material that might get used on the woodshed. He cut me 40 pieces of 40 inch long roofing like the house.  It was waste material to him as it was a colour that he had left over and it didn't exactly match the house. This wouldn't be an issue as you can't see it from the front.

Roofing installed

The finished shed with trim

Now time to fill it

When filled it will hold one cord of wood
I guess I have to deal with the leak from the transmission of the backhoe now. That will be a fairly tough project as everything is so heavy. Maybe I'll find something else to do.
Len

1 comment:

  1. Nice project! Was wondering about the footings being above frost line - will she stay level?

    Noticed the Cessna on dollies - does this mean that project is beginning?

    Did I miss the finishing of the basement?

    Thanks for sharing - I'll post the Pergola 2.0 pics soon - also starting a deck project.

    Peace, Bruce

    ReplyDelete