Saturday, January 21, 2012

Plumbing is coming

So it went from SO cold to really pleasant - just around freezing outside and 18 inside.  That's more like it!

Len is getting ready for an initial inspection of the plumbing and vapour barrier on Monday.  He has all the black drainage pipe run and has started on the pex.  Nice that it is colour-coded red and blue.  He has run most of the red and is waiting for a supply of blue to come into the plumbing store to get going on the cold water.  He has a couple of manifolds to hook all the tubes to when he gets the ok from the inspector.  He says we could have full water service in a matter of weeks.  Weeks?? I think not!  I am thinking days, although I realize there is a bit of gyproc to go up first.  How hard can that be?

Anyway, here is a sample of Len's artistry yet again.
In the garage the pipes and pex has to share space with furnace and in-floor heating parts  When it is done, it will be insulated and covered with vapour barrier

Under the master bathroom.  Just getting started.

Looks messy, but when Len is done with it, it will be beautiful

That's more like it!  The manifold (copper) supplies all the kitchen, powder room and garage loft.  There will be another one for the cold water lines.
Wish I could say I have been really productive, but all I managed to do today is laundry and a bit of baking.  And of course Banjo and I enjoyed a nice long walk in the snow.
Cath

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    online plumbing store

    ReplyDelete