Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our large bathtub has arrived



In my efforts to finish the deck I had to stop and prepare for the bath tub.  A frame of 2x8 joists and then insulation and plywood to finish.




As I was placing the plywood expecting the tub at any moment, the power went out.  Then the tub arrived.  We set about to figure how we would lift the tub from the trailer and set it on the ground.  I still had to cut the last piece of plywood so I got out a handsaw and went about two inches before I decided to try the skil saw again.  Bingo, the power was back and I cut and nailed on the final piece.
The wrapped tub in place

I have no photos of the backhoe lift as I was a little preoccupied, but it went fairly smoothly and fit in well.  

Tub in place
Now I am finishing the decking to fit against the tub and making a shelf underneath for all the pump gubbins. Should finish tomorrow if the weather holds.  We have Kyla and Chris and Michael and Shannon here for the weekend so I am going to try and get it all working for them. Lots of chores planned so looking forward to a good visit.

Len



No comments:

Post a Comment