Wednesday, September 29, 2010

wrap it up

It's Sunday and this will be the start of the do it yourself section on the house build, not counting the foundation of course.  My aim today will be to get at least one window in and finished.  First I had to admire the last pieces of fascia which completes the roof preparations. I removed as much of the temporary scaffolding as I could.  Leaving some of it in place will aide the roofers in a week or so.

Left the scaffold for the roofers
So happy to be done all that.

I spent a lot of the day cleaning up and securing the piles of lumber for the coming weather.  We have all the siding and cedar trim as well as lots of dimensional lumber for the deck and interior wall framing in piles near the house.  I hope to get all the doors and windows under cover or installed before the snow flies.

It's a beautiful sunny day which makes it awfully hard to think of the long drive home.  After cleaning the site, again, I decided it was window time.  These windows are great, with easily removable window sections.  So out comes the glass to make them lighter.  A bead of silicone on the flange and in it goes. Grab the screwgun, place a few screws on the outside and then go inside to secure a whole bunch of metal clips. This sucker is never falling out.  Put the glass back in, place a row of tuck tape to finish the outside and it's ready for siding. 
Tyvek hose wrap in place
Office window in place
Bath and bedroom windows

The long weekend is coming up and, along with Kyla and Chris, and anyone else that wants to come up, we will put in as many windows as we can get to.  I have a long list of other chores but the windows and doors will be our main concern.

The colours this fall, as I've said before, are fantastic and it never hurts to stop and smell the aspen every now and again.
Across the street
SE from motorhome
NW from motorhome

1 comment:

  1. Up untill a few posts ago, I could click on the pictures and they would display as a slide show with larger pictures. Now that does not work. Is there something you can do to change that? I really like being able to examine things more closely.

    ReplyDelete