Thursday, September 23, 2010

More green

It just keeps raining. Makes me think that this might be the end of summer/fall and go right into winter.  Hoo Boy!  It does slow down our project somewhat although I was able to get the last of the Logix foundation foam blocks returned and a load to the dump.  I'm trying to spruce up the yard before the snow flies.

The boys were able to get up 90% of the green fascia which looks great.  I will be going up this coming weekend to help Ross finish the trim.
Front entrance with temporary posts
North garage and upper room windows
West facing walls

I did have an issue to deal with concerning the 2x4 strapping at the roof peak on the great room.  The boys put the top 2 pieces of 2x4 right up to the top without leaving a gap for ventilation, 2 inches was required. Up I went with a skil saw and, set at 45 degrees, I cut a slot down the length of the roof.  Of course the saw didn't quite get all the way through so I had to make a second pass with a hammer and chisel.  I must have cut through about 20 nails, the saw wasn't cutting very well by the time I was finished. Straddling the peak to do this work out one way and then all the way back, another task I could have done without.  It's done now and we are almost ready for the roofers who are coming on the 8th of October.  I am really looking forward to being able to keep the water off of the floors.

I plan on stapling up some house wrap and placing a couple of windows for sure this coming weekend.  It is such a nice drive through Little Fort especially now with all the fall colours.

1 comment:

  1. The house is looking just awesome, Dad and Mom. Love the front deck area with the open beam look, just beautiful!

    The patio doors too heavy? I guess you're missing your little helpers, sorry we can't be there. Everyone back in school and hard at work here in Edmonton.
    Lots of love talk to you soon.
    Cathryn and Melissa

    ReplyDelete