Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rebar rebar will it ever end?

Well I spent all day getting ready for the inspector. Had to change some rebar and I found a mistake in the forms that were put up.  It's been hot hard work and I'm ready for a nap.  We are hoping to pour concrete tomorrow late in the day but I think it would be better first thing Friday morning when everybody is fresh including me.  The foam foundation blocks will be arriving Friday as well so  another busy day.  I'm hoping to create a time lapse video of the pour.  We'll see how that turns out.

This first picture is where Cathryn wants a garden. This pile of dirt covers the pile of garbage tree stuff that was left there after we did all that chipping.  There is a chipmunk living in here.  The second picture shows ground zero.  A lot of forming.

This last photo shows the mistake in the forms.  The second box down on the left should be in line with the jog in  the footings just to the right of it.  I moved the box 16 inches to the left and we're good to go. I'll check again tomorrow for any other surprises. By for now.  Len

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's a lots of dirt and rebar, Len!
    I'm totally impressed by your excavating skills. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete