Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It only took 2 years, 7 months and 20 days

Today was especially gratifying for yours truly. A single piece of paper says it all, we have passed our final building inspection. Our first permit was taken out in May of 2010 when the boys at 100 Mile started working on the footings for the house. We got the house to lockup that year and I came out the next year in April to continue with the finishing and the construction of the shop.   We spent a cold winter in the house doing insulating and drywalling. The next year we got to the outside finishing and the final touches to the inside which brings us to today, enjoying a beautiful home in the beautiful land of snow, 108 Mile Ranch.

All that for this little piece of paper

All they write is FILE COMPLETE , hoo boy
 One other piece of paperwork was also nice to get, our final electrical inspection. This is a pretty complicated house for power distribution and I think Bob the inspector was duly impressed. It isn't such a big deal when you take all the pieces one at a time but the paper is still great to have.
Final electrical inspection, more paperwork for the I love me wall
Back to work.  I have finished all the doors except the master bath and now I am finished with baseboards in the great room. I am waiting for 2 baseboard heater vets to finish the kitchen and the painting of all these pieces tends to slow down the process somewhat. I will finish the Master bedroom and put another coat of paint on pieces tomorrow to finish the office and the bathroom.  I am leaving the laundry room for now as I will have to create a vanity wash area which I think I will do at the same time as the master bath vanity.

Stairway baseboard

Great room looking pretty finished now.

Our last task will be to do some cleanup and finish work on the posts and beams but that is down the priority list at this time.

A fine end to a fine day, Jan 15, 2013

1 comment:

  1. A grand adventure! Thank you for sharing - 299 blog posts - quite the legacy.

    ReplyDelete