Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A few bricks short of a fireplace

When I bought the stone they told me that I would need 2 1/2 tons of stone so I picked up 2 tons and now I need to get more.  I definitely won't need a 1/2 ton but I will pick up 20 square feet whatever that amounts to.


We used the leftover red brick as filler

I was finishing the other tall wall up in the loft when I ran into an obstacle.  The end of the beam that holds up the front entrance roof was sticking too far into the house by 3/8 of an inch.  This doesn't sound like a lot but it would hold the drywall out enough to show. So the fix, drill on the end with a spade bit till it was shortened.

The offending member

Drilled shorter and ready to go

Back under the vapour barrier

The finished North wall finally
Now I'll have a major cleanup from all the mortar that fell down through the cracks to the basement as well as all of the rock chips all over the place.

I'll probably start on the basement drywall tomorrow as the wall behind the fireplace will need 2 people to finish.  When certain people are home from globetrotting it might get done.  Cathryn should be back from Africa on Thursday.

Len

1 comment:

  1. I wonder that a router would have made short work of that obstical. Funny how many small things show up as you try to finish. Working pieces behind the timber frame blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete