Thursday, December 1, 2011

Making a hot room a cold room

The heating guys have pretty well completed all they are going to do for plenum work. They have been here and almost got the geo thermal going.  One small pump error and they had to leave.  Of course we are too far away to come here just to correct a small problem so I am waiting again for them to show up.  One drawback to all of the tin work is that the main hot air out and cold air return run right through our "some day" cold room.  It seemed easier to shorten the cold room than try and frame around all of the large ductwork.  So I divided the room in half which will give us a place for skis and cold weather gear.

Much ductwork

A smaller more friendly cold storage room
I have been working on finally completing the wiring. The code book, which I should have read more closely, has pointed out a couple of errors that I am correcting.  The laundry room plugs cannot come from a lighting circuit.  They must be all by themselves and the suggestion is a circuit for each plug, Hoo boy. The other item is the kitchen counter plugs which run on three wire 20 amp breaker circuits.  The problem is , they can't supply two plugs adjacent to each other.  You have to skip over to the next one and the one in the middle is on its own. Tomorrow I will be completely finished except for the shop.
I did finally get to the main panel. I shut off the main power while Cathryn went to town to do laundry. I converted a mess into art


More good news, our roof leak is back.  As soon as the weather warmed up the roof valley by the garage started to drip.  Again, hoo boy.
The big puddle has dried up considerably from what it was


I now have all the parts I need for the fireplace and the okay from the manufacturer to use 12 x 12 flue liners so I can go ahead and cut for the damper and the chimney cleanout.  I got the cleanout shipped Purolator from Burnaby and, due to the lack of packing material received the door damaged.  They sent out another door and now I am ready to go.  I have engaged the help of a mason to get the stove ready for final finish which I hope to tackle myself.  He'll be here tomorrow so we'll see how much I can do.




Len

No comments:

Post a Comment