Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just when you thought the digging was done

So the plan today was to lay the foam in the basement and then rough in the bathroom so the foam could go down.  It seems the rules have changed for new homes and there will have to be a drain in the utility room all the way across the house to the mainline out. Whoopie.  I laid out as much foam as I could and then got started on the plumbing. I took a trip into 100 Mile for some advice and fittings. I have scheduled an inspection for Friday and I think I am going to visit the Cariboo guys tomorrow morning just to make sure I am on the right track.



Quite light for what you have to pay
 I am running into some interesting cuts around the piers and curbs of the footing.  The water line is also under the foam. I realize now that I will have to lift some of this wonderful work to dig the trench for the utility drain.  I live to dig.
It's a jungle out there, confusion everywhere

Taking shape
 The footing pads will have to get less foam over them, 1 1/2 inches so that every thing comes out relatively level.
Bowling anyone
 The dirt in the foreground of the last photo is the cold room and it will not be getting any heated floor at all so no foam required.
My start on the bathroom rough-in
Tomorrow will be a busy day and I might just end up postponing the concrete if this doesn't work out.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Eeeek! Looking forward to your lessons learned entry - so those of us living vicariously through your excellent blog (while planning their dream house / shop) can take best advantage of all your experience.

    ReplyDelete