Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Better late than never

Ok, so Len thinks that I should have blogged since Thanksgiving, but honestly, he was the one up to the lot on the weekend of the 16th, not me.  He had a less than perfect weekend, but then again I wasn't there to smooth the way.  Here is what he wasn't happy about:  1.  the roof was not finished.  Seems the guys left as soon as our tail lights went around the corner.  2. being all by himself.  3. apparently putting a big window in upside down and not finding out until after silicone and screws were in place was a bit of a bummer.  4.  he bumped his head 3 times, leaving blood and shaking the house when he hit a rafter
Things that went well: 1. got the motorhomes dumped and moved up onto flat land by the house (no more hiking up the hill).  2. getting the house to lock-up (except for the lack of roof) by putting in a temporary door and locks 3. cut the chimney hole and got it right the first time  3. took down wooden scaffolding  4. drove home without rain or snow and got back safely.  Here are the pictures he took.
Covered deck from old RV spot

completed fascia at the back of the garage

Unfinished roof (harrumpgh)

Upper windows filled in with plywood for now

More unfinished roof but the garage is done

1 comment:

  1. Ouch - I feel for the head bump. Ok I get it now - deck is off the great room - for some reason I was thinking the master bedroom was on the garage end (duh). That was a great way to spend 2010! When I grow up I want to be more like you guys!!

    ReplyDelete